ECDK offers guided Green & Sustainable & Energy tours for academic or professional sector to discover the pathway and indicators of the green transition of Copenhagen. You will be able to choose between a few different subjects and decide for yourself what to discover!
A standard tour typically happens on foot or by bike and last around 2-3 hours. To book a tour of your interest, please contact directly Agnes Matuszak via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state in your e-mail the following:
- Your particular interest
- The educational and/or professional background of the tour participants
- The number of people attending the tour
- How Copenhagen Region is to become the first CO2 neutral city in the world by 2025?
- Copenhagen Public Transport System and Danish Biking Tradition.
- How Denmark became a front runner of the wind energy revolution.
- How Denmark has the best district heating coverage in Europe?
- District Heating System
- Waste-to-Energy Plants: Amagerværket (ARC) waste incinerator, Amager Bakke.
- Combined Heat and Power Station (CPH Plant): Avedøre Power Station,
- Wind turbines Farm: Middelgrundens Vindmøllelaug.
We will take a look at emerging social initiatives such as:
- Spisehuset Rub & Stub (Cafe Retro), a volunteer-driven cantina, which made food based on surplus products from the supermarkets.
- City Garden 2200, open community garden to grow local food products or medicinal plants.
- WeFood, Eversurplus food supermarket
- You will learn How Copenhagen has retrofitted mono-functional areas to strength communities, increase cohesion and integration through sustainable urban design: Ørestad / Vesteport/Nørrebro Neighbourhood.
- We will visit the area around “8house / Mountain Dwelling / Green Light House/ UN City”, widely recognized as Sustainable or Efficiency or carbon Neutral buildings.
- We will discuss the roles of government and civil society in making cities sustainable and Why Copenhagen requires to all new buildings, a green roof.